Weekly Update #182: Pre-IPO News
What to Expect When You're Investing on EquityZen
At EquityZen, we have seen our investor community continually grow at a regular pace. Transaction volume has been strong, and our Deal Team continues to seek to find attractive investment opportunities to make EquityZen THE marketplace for pre-IPO investing. We believe a big part of achieving this goal is also giving investors the best possible experience, so we wanted to take some time and describe some recent enhancements to the buyer side of the platform.
Personalized Investment Emails
In addition to our "Weekly Update" (this email) that provides a comprehensive summary of the Live and Preview investment opportunities available on our Listings page, many of you have seen two more-personalized emails that you may receive on a weekly basis:
- Deal Digest: A list of currently-available investment offerings in companies on your personal "Watchlist" along with key offering details including valuation and security type
- Investment Commitments Update: Once you have begun the process of reserving an investment (by signing a Term Sheet: see our Investor Step-by-Step for an overview), a status update on investments you have started making
Offering Documents Improvements
Within the EquityZen team, the "offering doc" is the comprehensive profile we produce on every Live investment offering, accessible on our Listings page. Part research report, part marketing material, the offering doc is the first place investors should look for answers to questions about the offering or the company in question. Recent additions we've made to improve the quality of the content include:
- Executive Summary
- Prior EquityZen Transactions
- Regulatory Filings
- Cap Table Scenario Generator (this is an interactive tool that, to the best of our knowledge, is the first of its kind - check it out under the "Capitalization" section of any Live offering doc!)
New Phone Number
While email is the quickest way to ensure a response, should you want assistance over the phone, the EquityZen team is available between 9am and 6pm New York time Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) at +1.877.490.6121. For answers to common questions, remember to check out our Frequently Asked Questions where you will also find our new phone number and other resources.
We thank you for your business and look forward to helping you make pre-IPO investments in 2017 and beyond!
In other news...
- The Wall Street Trader Behind SoftBank’s $100 Billion Fund (Wall Street Journal)
- Northwestern Mutual to invest $50 million in startups (BizTimes)
- Trello acquired by Atlassian for $425m (The Next Web)
- Zoom video conferencing service raises $100 million from Sequoia on billion-dollar valuation (TechCrunch)
- With billions of dollars at stake, Merck and Palantir partner to discover drugs faster (TechCrunch)