Turo is a marketplace for peer-to-peer carsharing. The company allows for private car owners to rent out their vehicles via its online website and mobile app. Turo aims to provide car owners the ability to make extra income by renting out their vehicles, and for renters to rent a wide array of vehicles outside of the typical car rental companies.
Turo provides its marketplace in the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. The company additionally claims the following statistics:
Turo was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Should government regulate car sharing? New Utah poll says not so much
deseretnews - Jul 6, 2019
Will This New Law Kill Car Sharing?
Forbes - Jun 19, 2019
Boston Tech Watch: IKEA and Ori, Skyworks and Huawei & Massport and Turo
xconomy - Jun 7, 2019
What is Turo and how does it work?
androidauthority - Jun 1, 2019
Ground innovation, part 2: A new model for car rental
phocuswire - Mar 11, 2019
Turo’s new dongle will let customers instantly find and unlock cars
TechCrunch - Nov 27, 2018
GM is going to allow Ford vehicles and other competitors on its Maven car-sharing platform
TechCrunch - Nov 12, 2018
Car-sharing network Turo expands service in UK
TechCrunch - Sep 24, 2018
*Based on Preferred Stock Price, Turo does not have a stock symbol since it is currently private and is yet to have an IPO.
Dollar Shave Club
Dollar Shave Club,
Rent the Runway,
Dollar Shave Club,
Doctor on Demand,
- Andre Haddad, Chief Executive Officer
- Alex Benn, President
- Michelle Fang, Chief Legal Officer
- Avinash Gangadharan, Chief Technology Officer
- Shwetank Kumar, Chief Data Officer
- Andrew Mok, Chief Marketing Officer
- Ned Sizer, Chief Financial Officer
- Tom Wang, Chief Product Officer
- Michelle Peacock, Vice President and Head of Government Relations
- Lorie Boyd, Vice President of People
- Steve Webb, Vice President of Communications
- Tristram Hewitt, Vice President of Operations
- Brian Beaver, Vice President of Design
- Jennifer Sam, Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Doug Watt, Vice President of Physical Operations
- Francisco Silva, Vice President of Tax
- Jennifer Schultz, Vice President, Corporate Controller
EquityZen does not have an affiliation with, formal relationship with, or endorsement from Turo or any companies featured above.
This profile is based on publicly available information and is intended to be informative in nature.
EQUITYZEN and logo are trademarks of EquityZen Inc. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.