Weekly Update #197: Angie's List and Viptela get acquired; Lyft's losses narrow; Rubrik raises $180 million
May 2nd, 2017
No blurb from me this week, but some relevant news and funding rounds below.
In other news...
- Red-hot software start-up Rubrik has zoomed to a $1.3 billion valuation in two years (CNBC)
- Investor documents reportedly show that Lyft definitely benefitted from #DeleteUber (Mashable)
- Cisco Is Paying $610 Million For This Networking Startup (Fortune)
- Lyft Bookings and Ridership Soar, While Losses Shrink (Bloomberg)
- Personalized Medicine Is Here. The FDA’s approval for 23andMe may be the first shot in a health revolution (Wall Street Journal)
- Angie’s List will merge with HomeAdvisor after finally accepting IAC’s acquisition offer (TechCrunch)