EquityZen: 2015 by the Numbers
Jan 7th, 2016
As a headline, we doubled our team yet grew transaction volume 10X. This is a testament to the strength of the team and our unwavering commitment to customer service and being a technology-driven platform.
Digging deeper, let’s start with our client base:
- Most of our domestic investors hail from either The Golden State, The Empire State, or the Lone Star State (bonus points if you knew that was California, New York, or Texas)
- We had investors from five out of seven continents complete a transaction on our platform (shockingly, no-one from Antarctica invested)
- From a sector perspective, Data Analytics and Enterprise Software companies had the most traction
- On average, companies had raised approximately $450 million in total funding and were valued on average at $2.7 Billion
- Over 60% of the companies were based in California
- Kleiner Perkins and Andreessen Horowitz had backed the most companies on our platform in 2015
- Consuming 16 wholesale-size jars of Gummy Vitamins
- Devouring approximately 1,652 donut holes (also known as “Munchkins” for all of you East Coasters)
- Visiting our local street cart no less than 200 times so we could have our weekly fill of hot sauce-laden Chicken Biryani
- Playing Drake’s “Hotline Bling” at least twice a day…
- … despite having the music video playing on repeat in our office
Thanks for being part of the EquityZen platform.