What is TransferWise?
TransferWise is an online money transfer service, which is typically cheaper than most banks. It bypasses pricey international payments entirely by using two local transfers (one on the sender side, the other on the recipient side) instead of one international transaction. For more information visit https://transferwise.com/us/about
- Typically cheaper than most banks for sending a wire (see TransferWise's fee comparison)
- TransferWise says their costs are always transparent, unlike some other services which add a markup to the real exchange rate in addition to their fees
- Arrange your transfer online and via mobile for convenience
- TransferWise is used by over 5 million customers and processes $5 billion in transactions every month (Source: TransferWise)
Funding EquityZen investments via TransferWise
Follow the steps below to set up TransferWise for funding investments. EquityZen is not responsible for any errors, delays or non-delivery of funds by your bank or by TransferWise.
1) Use the following link to visit TransferWise and create an account (or log in if you already have an account) https://transferwise.com/
2) Add our escrow account as a new recipient using the details below. This will save the details for the future.
Recipient Type: Business
Their email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of the business: Atlantic Capital Bank (Atlanta, GA)
- Country: United States
- City: Atlanta
- Address: 3280 Peachtree Road NE
- Zip Code: 30305
- State: Georgia
Recipient’s bank details:
- Bank account country: United States
- Routing number: 121042882
- Account number: See your My Investments page when you're ready to fund an investment
- Account type: Checking
3) Now that you’ve added the recipient you can “Send Money”.
4) Make sure that we will receive the required amount in USD.
5) Each time you make a transfer, you must remember to add the unique transaction reference. We need this reference to correctly allocate your funds.