500 Startups V, L.P. Stock
Early-Stage Venture Fund
About 500 Startups V, L.P. Stock
500 Startups is a leading global venture capital firm, focused on early stage technology companies across a wide variety of industries and geographies. 500 Startups aims to generate attractive and consistent investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing a world-class team, and creating value for its portfolio companies.
500 Startups has over $420M in committed capital across 4 main funds in the U.S. and 15 micro funds located around the world. 500 has invested in over 2,000 technology startups all over the world since its inception in 2010, including: Twilio (NYSE: TWLO), SendGrid (NASDAQ: SEND), Credit Karma, Grab, Carousell, Udemy, Kudo (acquired by Grab), Talkdesk, Makerbot (acquired by Stratasys), Wildfire (acquired by Google), and Viki (acquired by Rakuten). A team of 100+ people manage investments across 60 countries and speak over 25 languages.1
Beyond providing seed capital, 500 further supports startups in San Francisco and Mexico City. The Seed Program currently focuses on digital marketing, customer acquisition, lean startup practices, and fundraising for pre-Seed companies.2
EquityZen Growth Technology Fund LLC has an opportunity to acquire a limited partnership interest in 500 Startups V, L.P. ("Fund V").
The Managing Partners of Fund V have operational experience at companies such as Yahoo, Google, YouTube, Yahoo, and Grockit.3
Proposed Investment Thesis for 500 Startups Fund V4:
- 500 starts by making many small investments, provides its portfolio companies with access to resources to accelerate the time to market, and then does its best to filter out failures and increase its investment in the companies 500 believes are doing well.
- 500 has a two-pronged investment strategy that combines the diversification of a quantitative, high volume approach coupled with a lower risk insider methodology for "doubling down" on what 500 believes are the most promising deals.
- Target company profile: Seed stage consumer and small business internet, web-enabled products, information technology and technology-related companies
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING ELIGIBILITY FOR THIS PROSPECTIVE OFFERING
Eligible investors must: i) meet the U.S. SEC's definition of an Accredited Investor (as defined in Rule 501 of Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933); and ii) agree to third-party verification of Accredited Investor status
1. Numbers approximated as of 6/30/2018 across the 500 Startups group and investments made across all the 500 Startups' family of funds. A detailed list of such funds is available in the presentation linked below. Companies listed are a select sampling of investments across 500 Startups funds and will not be held by Fund V.
2. Investment strategy and criteria and program descriptions represent current models and may vary at the discretion of each fund's general partner or teams managing the respective programs. The 500 Startups funds do not participate in any revenue generated by these activities.
3. The title "Partner" is used in accordance with customary business practice in the venture capital industry and does not indicate a legal status as a "partner" in a partnership.
4. Represents the current investment model as at the date hereof and may vary at the discretion of Fund V's general partner
CEO & Founding Partner