EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading private equity investors. We’re looking for a collaborative, passionate Product & Privacy Counsel, who loves identifying and solving problems, and working across teams in a fast-paced FinTech startup. If innovating in the capital markets at a fast growing startup excites you, let's talk!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served 125+ premier tech and digital health companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 6500+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams and our partners to help ensure that EquityZen products and services are compliant with applicable laws and regulations, incorporate privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default principles, and protect the security of our users’ data
- Work with our marketing team to ensure all marketing efforts comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Advocate for user privacy rights within EquityZen and with our partners
- Draft and maintain policies and disclosures to permit our users to better understand how our products, services and partners may impact them
- Draft and negotiate data processing agreements with vendors and partners
- Provide training to employees on privacy-related obligations
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 2-4 years of experience as a corporate/transactional attorney at a top tier law firm and/or in-house
- You have strong subject matter expertise in privacy law, including GDPR and CCPA, and other laws governing mobile apps
- You love being a lawyer and want to be part of a close and collaborative legal team
- You are detail-oriented, enthusiastic, resourceful, diligent, comfortable acting in the face of ambiguity, and driving processes to conclusion
- You are a humble team player and believe that the users, the company mission, and team come before you
- You are able to work independently with little or no supervision
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- You exercise first-rate judgment and have the ability to prioritize
- You have a law degree from a recognized university
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- You’ll oversee, from start to finish, the preparation and launch of new features and services with multiple internal and external stakeholders while helping safeguard our users’ data
- You’ll be part of the Legal team, and will work closely with members of the Product, Tech and Marketing teams.
- Direct client exposure, interfacing with leaders in the startup space
- You’ll help make our product better by improving security and disclosures and identifying ways to automate processes and improve user experiences
- Equity, competitive salary, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, stocked fridge, supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more!
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate, mission-focused team that also knows how to have fun
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.